Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kyler's big news.

Kyler started 1st grade this year which means spelling tests. It's a bit of a stressful adjustment. His teacher started a method where if they get a 9/10 or 10/10 on the pretest on Monday, they get a challenge list of words. Kyler got the challenge list this week. I was concerned because he really doesn't like to work at his school work. Well, I set up a little spreadsheet for him to study on. It had the words and I had him type them five times each. I set it up so that every box had a different fun font in it. It was funny. He called me over everytime he began a new word, Mom look at this one!

So, the big news is that he got all seven words right!!! When the kids get perfect scores on their spelling test we take them on a special date. We started this last year with Connie because she struggles a bit with spelling. He's going bowling with Daddy this week. He's VERY excited.