Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jail and the beauty of independent children

So, we’re all just minding our business and cleaning up the house when Ethan declares that his stuffed animals are all bad guys and have to be put in jail.  Here’s his jail solution. 

photo2

It’s not the greatest picture, but all of these precious animals are hanging from their feet on a wire shelving unit.  He’s creative, I’ll give him that.

Shortly after that, my children decided to bring in a table for legos and play.  I love that my children are so independent, it has made my life at this point so much easier.  They sat at that table for hours building and attacking things.  It was fun to watch.  We all love legos in our house and Mom especially loves that there is that common interest for them to share.  Aren’t they beautiful? Smile

photo