Monday, October 1, 2012

Kyler's Pack Meeting

It's hard to believe that in a few short weeks Kyler will officially be a boy scout.  We had a pack meeting last Thursday (I'm a little behind, I know) and it felt like it was all about Kyler.  He received SO MANY awards. I was so proud of him. 


Notably he earned his arrow of light.  He worked really hard on it and I was so proud of him.  He was proud of himself too.  He also received his religious square knot.  It was presented by our good friend Ken, who really had no authority over the details, but all who did had emergencies come up, so they were not present.  We appreciated Ken stepping in.



Also, he had his crossover ceremony.  This is the first one I've ever seen and it is quite the ordeal.  My favorite part though was when his scoutmaster gave him words of wisdom.  His dad gladly stepped into that role and gave him words of wisdom for his scouting career.  Seeing as I can't see Jason being released from scoutmaster anytime soon, we will have loads of scouting happening at our house.  In three short years Ethan will be a cub scout.  Time flies when you're crazy!  having fun!!


To toot my own horn a bit, Jason was announcing new troop names and flags that evening.  He asked me to do the flags. I think they turned out pretty cool.  Here is the scorpions.