Friday, October 10, 2008

The Crazy Bus Driver

Usually in the mornings when I get to the elementary school a few minutes early, I do a staring contest. It keeps the kids quiet and we have a little fun. Well, every Friday if the week has been good, we have "free-seating Friday". All of the kids get to sit in whatever seat they'd like, whereas I have assigned seating all of week. Usually on those days, I tend to play music on the radio. I used to play radio disney, but now I take my iPod and I've loaded some fun kids tunes on it.

Well, today on the way to school the kids were asking me to do the staring contest. I said, "nope, stay in your seats...today we are going to dance." They looked at me like I was nuts! I played the Cha-Cha Slide. (It's the song that was on the Mcdonalds commercials with the adorable boy who dances to it while dunking his chicken nuggets) It randomly tells you to jump one, two or five times. It was hilarious. My entire bus was literally jumping. It was fun.

This afternoon while the kids were boarding the bus after school, I played "The Chicken Dance". I was at the front of the bus doing it. It was hilarious!! The kids walking by the bus were giving me the funniest looks. Sarah the crazy bus driver!!