Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Connie's Birthday

Connie is officially one year from Young Women. I am old!! She got a special little outing with Stephanie to buy some girly things that would not be fun to shop for with Daddy, and then I told her that she could have a few friends over for her birthday to spend the night. I'll admit I did sway the certain friends she chose as I knew the ones that would be calm and no trouble. I'm embarrassed to say that, but her list was too long anyway and she couldn't make a decision. I just helped it along. :)

A dear friend made some cupcakes and some butter cream icing and I let this use my nice wilton cake decorating stuff to decorate their cupcakes. I showed them how to change the tips on the bags and how to practice on wax paper before decorating their cupcakes, etc. It was wonderful. Not much fuss and the girls had so much fun. They did a good job!




Then things got a little silly! :)



As you can see by the large and silly smiles they had a GREAT time! They watched a movie, opened gifts, had pizza and stayed up far too late! Actually, Connie at about 11pm comes it to tell me she's tired and wants the girls to be quiet so she can sleep. Jason chats with the girls about how late it is and in a mere fifteen minutes she and another friend were fast asleep while the other two kept giggling for another 45. She's a girl after my own heart. When she was little she would just tell me she was tired and go to bed on her own, that girl loves her sleep!

Daddy woke up that morning and made pancakes for breakfast for everyone. I was amazed at how many of them these tiny little girls could pack away! Have I mentioned lately how amazing my husband is? <3