Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catching Up with Kyler

It's been a while since I posted, so I need to catch up. Starting with Kyler. Kyler had his 2nd kindergarten fieldtrip to the zoo. It was very fun and enjoyable. I helped another mom with Kyler's group. It was ok, but there was one little boy named Lucas. I remember his name well because I said it so many times. He was a rascal and loved to escape and try to go places on his own. The other mom and I tried to take turns chasing him down. It was a little exhausting and the zoo was very crowded that day.

We did get to see things that I had not seen yet at the zoo, like the forests. I don't know why but we'd never been in there. We saw peacocks and tigers, but were just a few days early to see the new koalas that were coming. The kids were disappointed about that. Then we went to the deserts and saw the meerkats, which had arrived while I was pregnant so I had not seen them. They were very cute and fun to watch.

Kyler had a great time. We saw the dolphin show and had so much fun. A funny thing was to watch him with the other kids. I think he is getting so big until I see him next to kids his own age. He is so little. Here are some pictures.


Just before the school year was out, Kyler had a beach day. This is simply Kindergarten's way of doing field day. Normally it is done outside with lots of fun water activities. But, on the day that Kyler's class was supposed to do it, the weather was horrible!!! So, they improvised and had an indoor games thing. It was fun. I manned the games center, but managed to escape a bit to get a few pictures. Again, it was interesting to see Kyler play with his friends. He's so funny about playing with people. Kyler plays at people, even his friends. It's cute.


Finally, we've just been playing for summer. We did have some super fun visitors a couple of weeks ago. My best friend, Debbie, and her husband came to visit. They have two children close in age to my older two so the kids had so much fun together. They stayed with us for 3 days and the children only had one little incident! We considered that amazing!! We'd never met her husband either, so it was great to see her little family. They are truly wonderful. Her husband is very sweet and good for her. I was so happy to see her happy. Their son Ellis is the same age as Kyler and they played wonderfully together. Well, Kyler played wonderfully at him and Ellis enjoyed playing with Kyler.

Okay, all caught up with Kyler...