Sunday, September 23, 2012

Be Still and Know that I am God

I had the wonderful opportunity to sing with a new friend.  His name is Mark and he has a rich voice with a wonderful range.  I love Hilary Weeks.  Her songs just speak to me and I especially love one called "Be Still" It is a beautiful conversation between a woman and Heavenly Father.  She starts by wondering when her hurting will stop and stating that she needs the Lord.  She doesn't have the strength to carry on by herself.  The Lord answers her by saying that He is always there.  Be Still and Know that I am God.

When I was pregnant with Ethan and laying down for long hours in a hospital bed in a tiny little pre-partum room I would listen to this song and pray for strength.  I always received it.  I felt that message loud and clear. Be Still.  He is always there. So, I have been holding on to this sheet music for that long. I have pondered on men I could sing it with, and while I was on bed rest with Evie, a new family moved in and his voice was perfect.  My dear friend would FaceTime me on my iPad so I could enjoy things like the Christmas Program and my new friend Mark sang there. I knew then that his voice was perfect.  It was every bit as beautiful as I imagined it would be and several people told me I sang it just for them.  I thought to myself, "nope, I sang it just for me." I love it when music touches the soul like that and it is always a great privilege to be a voice for the Lord to allow the spirit to be felt.

Tomorrow I turn 33.  It's funny, my dad once said that you always feel like you are 18, and I believe him.  My body doesn't feel 18, but my mind definitely does.  It blows my mind sometimes to ponder on my 4 beautiful children and my fantastic husband. Wasn't I just 18?  Time flies far too quickly.

A funny note.  In Sacrament meeting we were about to sing the sacrament hymn and I was frantically writing the words to my special music for the interpretters (we have a few deaf members) and my kids had their phone and ipod, so they both looked up the hymn on that and held it for me. I had already bookmarked the page in the hymnbook I was using so I flipped it open. I leaned to Connie and said... "There is this new thing...Maybe you have heard of it, but it is so new I'm afraid you haven't. It is called a HYMNBOOK. It is great for singing and reading music..." I couldn't even finish we were laughing so hard.  So funny.