Monday, September 24, 2012

The TARDIS wished me a Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday!  I am so loved!!!  I had so many birthday wishes and gifts from wonderful friends and family.  I had a very good day.

As promised my buddy Nathan took me out to lunch.  I took a dear friend with me that had a little boy about the same time that I had Evelyn.  She has two little boys and they are a delight!!  I invited her because she wanted to get to know Nathan better as her little boy also has been diagnosed with UP syndrome. (I still think "down" is wrong.  I know it is after a person, but it is just not what describes it correctly) There oldest is 3 and is hilarious!!  He is SUPER cute.  And her baby is squeezable.  He makes you want to kiss him again and again.  As usually Nathan was extremely uplifting. He always lifts my spirits.

My kids were so funny today.  Ethan told EVERYONE that today was his mom's birthday.  A dear friend came to bring me a gift and as she walked up with the gift in her hand, he said, "today's my mom's birthday." Thank you Captain Obvious. I just laughed.  Connie texted me as she is just a little to obsessed with her phone, and then after running to the store with her dad brought me a frozen coke and said "happy birthday, mom." Sadly,  it was the perfect gift! Kyler got on the bus this afternoon and I asked him if he had choir today. He said, yes, but he wanted to come home with me because it was my birthday.  So sweet. I didn't have the heart to tell him it might have been nice to have the peace and quiet, rather than he and Ethan fighting on the bus.  Thankfully, they were good and didn't fight. I just made Evie give me extra kisses.

I have a wonderful husband.  It's hard for him to top everyday life when he strives to keep me on a pedestal all the time, but he did do extra today to take care of kids and clean up a bit.  I love that he treats me like a queen all of the time.  It is little things like getting the door for me, or helping me lift stuff, or jumping to my aid when I am doing something difficult.  He always speaks to me respectfully and doesn't raise his voice to me ever. I love being married to such a gentlemen. It especially warms my heart that he is teaching our boys to be such gentlemen. I need to be better about teaching our girls to allow them to be. I'm not very good at that.  I'm glad he is persistent! :)

We had a lovely Family Home Evening together talking about the Holy Sabbath and keeping it holy then danced a bit on the Wii.  One of my favorite things to do.  I love to get into a competition with Kyler.  He is good, it is difficult to beat him.

My niece came by today and brought me some shoes that she painted for me.  I recently got into watching Dr. Who.  I love that show.  It is the perfect mix of SciFi and comedy.  I could watch it all day.  For those of you that have not seen the show, the Doctor flies around time and space in his TARDIS, (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) his spaceship.  It looks like an old police telephone box.  Knowing I love it, and because I have her addicted too, she made me some TARDIS shoes for my birthday.  I'm so going to purposefully plan my outfit around them tomorrow!! :)