Saturday, September 22, 2012

The First Day of Fall, why I love it here!

Today is the first day of fall, officially.  I love this season.  The weather outside is my favorite! It is just a little bit chilly and was sunshining. This is one of my favorite things about Indiana, the weather here has such beautifully distinct seasons.  Two weeks ago it was blazing hot summer, now it is beautiful and I can open up all of my windows and enjoy the breeze.

As I watch the seasons and anticipate coming holidays I can't help but reflect on last  year at this time.  I was on full bedrest with my fourth baby that I really hadn't planned to have.  The Lord knew me better than I know myself and I have been transformed into what I hope is a better woman through the process. I also got this beautiful little girl out if it! Fall is my favorite season with Halloween and Thanksgiving around the corner and one of the hardest things for me last year was giving up on doing those things that I love to do. Bake, decorate, make fun costume, trick or treat, cook all day, eat half the day, and enjoy family and friends.  I am so looking forward to this year!

My niece, Camden, and I have gotten a booth at a craft fair this year.  We initially tried to get in, but were put on a waiting list.  We were informed that there was a cancellation, so we are frantically getting shoes and bags done.  I am sewing some purses, nursing covers, and car seat canopies to sell. I will also have some samples of my baking and my cards for future orders. She will be selling her custom painted shoes, which I am sure will be the hit of the day.  She is amazingly talented!  I just sit and watch her paint with amazement.  It takes her no time at all to do what would take me all day to do!  She is amazing! Below are some pictures of her work