Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Sabbath…It was wonderful

Today I got the opportunity to go to a Ward Conference. As the secretary in the Stake Young Women I am asked to attend all of the Ward Conferences in our Stake and I must admit it is a truly wonderful experience.  I love having the spirit and truthfulness of the gospel affirmed to me in these different building with different bishops. It’s just a testimony to me of the truthfulness of the gospel everywhere. 

For Young Women, the stake Young Women’s President taught the lesson. It was a lesson focused on the 13th article of Faith, but she talked about the best being yet to come. About becoming the best you can become.  She gave each girl a fork at the beginning of the lesson and talked about how you go to restaurants and they tell you to “hold on to the fork” and then taught the whole lesson as they held their forks.  She talked of how we have these moments in our lives that we say “This was the best day ever!” and how the best is yet to come. Then she had me wheel in a cake for the girls to eat. It was her desire that it be a celestial looking cake, and so this is what I came up with…

mms_picture

I was so proud of it.  It was a wonderful meeting and I had so much fun making the cake.